Friday, February 8, 2013

Contributing Writer - Patch.com

Besides working on a fun topic for my thesis, my second favorite class is Magazine & Editing.  My professor is really great, talented, and personable.  He has written for many Wine magazines and has even been published in TIME magazine... but of course he didn't tell us that, he's too modest.  Like many talented people I've met thus far in California.

I am telling you this because I was assigned to write for an affiliate of AOL, Patch.com.  Specifically covering the Santa Cruz, CA community.  I have a couple stories coming up in the next week or two that you will find on santacruz.patch.com.


Almost everyone is surprised when I tell them Patch.com is owned by AOL.

"What? AOL is still around?"

Uh... yeah.  In fact, they recently bought Huffington Post.  As far as I know, Tim Armstrong has always been a smart businessman.  AOL has definitely headed down a different avenue now that there are superior internet providers these days.  From what I know about the CEO ,he's always been involved in newspapers so it's not surprising that AOL has shifted into being a news provider.


OH.

I can't believe I almost forgot to share what I am writing about--Natural Living.  Anything and everything that pertains to going green, holistic healing, and health that I can relate to Santa Cruz, CA... I will be writing about it.

I have a lot of fun stories in mind.  So far my awesome editor has been very excited about my vision.  I hope you don't mind me sharing them with you.

It's going to be a fun semester, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment