Saturday, January 26, 2013

Simple, Mouthwatering Salmon

As winter break came to a close, I prepared one last meal for my family: Salmon.

This is another recipe I swiped from Pinterest.  It was definitely a SUCCESS, and a new staple of mine.  I splurged on the meat once again.  I bought the fish from an organic grocery store, Earthfare.  They had many options, so I simply asked the man behind the counter for a "mild tasting salmon."  I've always found it strange when people order fish at a restaurant to only take two bites because it tasted "too fishy." 

"I cannot eat this!  It's too fishy!"

It's such a common oxymoron... In fact, I've heard my mother say the very same statement.  Which is why I requested such a thing... and unfortunately I don't remember its name.

Anyways, here it is before I put it in the oven.  
Note to self: 2 slices of butter will suffice. 




When I took this photo my father walked by and asked...

"How'd you learn to cook like that?"

My response,

"Pinterest!"

Surprisingly, my father was not phased by my answer and just went upstairs.  Perhaps he knows what Pinterest is?  No way... Or could he? He's pretty knowledgeable in regards to popular technology and websites, so I suppose I shouldn't underestimate him.

According to Pinterest:
Place tin foil on the counter
Then place enough lemon slices to cover bottom of salmon
Lay salmon on top of bed of lemon slices
Place butter on top then season with salt and pepper
Wrap tightly with foil
Bake for 25 minutes at 250 degrees F.

What I did:
Same exact concept, except...
I just seasoned both sides of my salmon with Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Salmon Seasoning. 
side note: My mother uses this for all of her fish dishes.  I highly recommend this if you don't already use it.

After seasoning the salmon, I placed it on the bed of lemon slices
Then 2-3 slices of goat butter.  If the slices are thick, two is plenty.

Why goat milk butter?  The human body digests goat milk easier than cow milk.  If you find that you are gassy or bloated after consuming cow milk products this could be your case.  

I was very pleased with the goat milk butter it was very rich and definitely aided in how scrumptious this meal was!

And lastly, I cooked my Salmon for 25 minutes at 300 F.  Maybe my fillets were larger? But I like my salmon to be cooked medium.  My father likes his cooked well done so I left it in the oven for an additional 5 minutes and broiled it for 2 min before taking it out.  

I am a strong believer in giving credit where it is due but I found multiple locations with this recipe.  It's called "salmon in a bag."  Various pins on Pinterest have different links to blogs similar to mine.  

Go figure!  It's a fantastic recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment