Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thank You Pinterest For Making Me ALMOST Feel Like A Chef!

From my experience, recipes on Pinterest are ridiculously tasty 75% of the time.  At least, that's from my experience.  Now, don't go around quoting me, especially since I've only tried 4 and only 1 was disgusting.  Well, okay, it wasn't that bad.  I still ate it but my roommate was more than happy to throw it in the garbage after I made myself sick from eating the "caramel marshmallow popcorn" failure.--In retrospect, it doesn't even sound that great...

It looks better than it tastes, ya see?



ANYWAYS.

I'm still at home, enjoying winter break.  Classes don't start til Wednesday, the 23rd.  Being the considerate daughter that I am... I made OMG Chicken so my Mom would not have to cook after work... and my father wouldn't open the pantry door several times incase food magically appears.  I'm pretty sure I inherited trait from him, now that I think about it.  

"OMG Chicken"- Success!

Pinterest directions: 
"Just mix Sour Cream or Yogurt (1/2 c) and parm cheese (1/4 c). Spread over chicken breast in a baking dish, sprinkle italian bread crumbs on top and bake for 20-30 minutes."

& Here's what I did:
Mix organic greek yogurt (roughly 3/4 c) with parmesan cheese (1/4 c then sprinkled a lil extra).  Spread over 5 chicken breast, season with McCormick "Perfect Pinch" Italian Seasoning.  Cook at 450 F for 30 minutes.



I don't know about you, but I tend to cook dry chicken.  And this was extremely moist!!  My dad doesn't like anything that is slightly healthy and he really enjoyed this dish.  I may be biased but I really think using organic chicken made an enormous difference.  But if your budget doesn't allow you to splurge on organic food, I'm sure it'll taste just as good.

That's just my variation of Veronica Culver's recipe which uses mayo instead of yogurt and includes bread crumbs.  This was extremely easy to make.  The prep time was nothing! It was in the oven in minutes!





No comments:

Post a Comment